Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Computer

• Please log in to reply

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
My computer just totally gave up on me :-/ And it's 4 years old so I'm looking to either build a computer or buy one. I need one that can run games on it fairly well, not the big nice graphical games, just ones like Gunz and Anarchy, whuch my old one did fine.

My price range right now is about $500. I'm looking for name brand and I just wasn't sure if building such a cheap computer would be worth it, considering I know nothing outside of RAM about the hardware of a comp, so buying name brand gets the benefit of online support.

So if anyone has suggestions on what to build or buy PLEASE put them here :tazz:. I'm hoping to keep this computer for a while so I can focus on spending money on my band.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Justin

Advertisements

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
http://www.shopping....=computer_store

That's what I was looking at, nice graphics card, 250GB, lots of RAM. Tell me what you think.

And what's better between a Dell, an HP, and a Presario?
Other than the price :tazz:

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
That computer looks like a good buy, just make sure that you know it doesn't come with a monitor at that price, although you can always upgrade the features before you buy it.

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
well i did that one, and then i made a pavilion for $50 less with better specs :tazz:

i think I'm gonna go with the pavilion since it's a better deal

logan11

logan11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Buying a computer off eBay... not wise correct?

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I wouldn't recommend it.