Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Repeater

• Please log in to reply

russell146

russell146

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I currently have linksys as my wireless system. I have two labtops and we use a cable modem. The two computers are also networked together.

My issue is that my signal isn't strong enough. I know this is easy to fix with an extended or a repeater. But, I really do not like linksys and am thinking about purchasing a new router sometime in the next year. I CANNOT stand linksys's customer service.

Anyway, is there a more generic repeater that will work with linksys and be likely to work with whatever router I purchase in the next year??

By the way, anyone else hate the customer service at linksys like I do??

Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Customer service for most companies sucks, especially SBC DSL. The people there are dumb as bricks. Linksys is by far the best router making company out there. There products are stable and reliable. I would gladly put up with stupid Customer Service as long as the product is good. This works for me since I am knowledgable when it comes to anything to do with computers, but for others who are not I can see how they would shy away from a company with poor customer service. Next time you have a problem with your Linksys router, post it in here and we will help you better then the mentally challenged people at Linksys. :tazz:

As for a repeater, I suggest you get a Linksys Wireless Repeater since it will be the most compatible with your current Linksys router. Of course others would work, but there will be less of a headache if you use two products from the same company since they were made to work perfectly with each other without alot of hassles. This site would be a good place to start.

Fenor

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Of course Linksys products are good. They are owned by Cisco after all..lol. I'm sure they will continue to get even better.

But, seriously, good point Fenor, ALWAYS POST HERE FIRST Don't rely on vendor tech support. Some places have no technical prerequisites for the tech support job. just call center experience. They put common problems, solutions and troubleshooting steps in a Knowledgebase. When you call, the phone rep searches the knowledgebase for your particular error to see if something pops up. If it doesn't they will go through the common troubleshooting steps in the hopes it will fix your problem. (and those are the "GOOD" tech reps) For some, if it ain't it the knowledgebase there is no problem and they'll tell you to call microsoft or your computer manufacturer, or find some other way to "pass it off"