Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help please!,

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
ok i um fixed the manager thing, but i dont see the vxh8jkdq6.exe process running.

Advertisements

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i downloaded the program u said but i cant install it, none of my programs will run, they all start as if they will but they dont. :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi There

I am UKBiker and I will be helping you here.

I followed the posts in your other topic so I am aware of the problem you are having. can you tell me what OS you have? if it is XP, can you access System Restore?

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I am running win xp pro and yes i can access the system restore

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi There

Ok good, at least we have that in reserve. When you try and run HJT, what error message (if any) do you get? Also whay happens when you try and run a programme please?

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i just tried highjack i get no error message but something that didnt happen b4 just did, i got the weird sound u get when theres an error message but nothing came up. When i try to open any other program the hour glass beside the mouse appears indicating the program is starting then it dissappears and the program never starts, when i restart my comp though task manager indicates theyre all running and i must close them to restart.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there, let me do some research here, but you could try to run HJT after Renaming it, as some malware targets it specifically. have you ever been able to run HJT on this PC?

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
yes i have been able to run it b4, i recently got a problem fixed thanx to the help of one of ur members, i just had the luck to get in bigger trouble this time :tazz:

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
um please post the next step u suggest, i wont reply right now, im off to bed, i wish i could stay up all night, but i have to work, tomorrow i have more time, so i will take up with wherever i leave off tonight, thanx so far for ur help.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi There

OK, i think that your best course is to try a system restore, see if we cant get some functionality back. Then we can deal with the malware. :tazz:

Advertisements

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
If that doesnt work, you will have to do a repair install of your OS. This will not delete your data.

This thread shows you how to do it.

Repair Install in XP

Let me know how you get on. :tazz:

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
i tried restoring the system but at the end it said my comp could not b resotred to the date i specified no changes have been made. Now um i think the problem is getting worse cause now i cant even get online on a messenger, they all encounter erros and have to be closed, also i got a message saying kernel32.exe or something has encountered an error and needs to be closed. Im guessing my last chance is the repair, which i wont b able to do until tomorrow cause i loaned my cd with win xp to a friend and theyre giving it back tomorrow. So i guess no more posts until tomorrow

avensteph

avensteph

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
ok...ive got a couple of compaq restore cds that came with my computer, they reinstall everything. should i use those or the normal disk for the OS?

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there

Its best to do a repair install with the XP CD you have, that way you wont lose your data. Follow the instructions on the link I gave you earlier.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi There :tazz:

As you had several topics open at once, they have been closed down and this is now the only thread that will be helping you. I see that you have now re installed your OS as opposed to the repair install as was suggested. As this is a fresh OS install, i need to run through the validation process again, so please would you do the following

Please go HERE (Microsoft website) using Internet Explorer (not Firefox or any other browser as they won't work)
  • Click on Windows Validation Assistant
  • Click on the Validate Now button.
  • Be patient while the ActiveX loads, do not click on any links.
  • Read the instructions on this page while it's loading. You will be prompted to install - click YES.
  • Enter your product key then click continue
  • When it says "Validation Complete" please click Continue to return to your previous activity
  • Copy what it says and paste it here.
Thanks