Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend micro process (PcCtlCom.exe)

• Please log in to reply

Xcelerate

Xcelerate

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've recently discovered what is making my comp a complete crawl.
Each time i delete from the task manager process PcCtlCom.exe (A Trend micro anti-virus process) it drags my pc to almost a halt, making the start menu load for about 30 seconds, and programs running at like 20x slower than normal...
Why does this happen by deleting an anti-virus proccess? This is a 1 of a kind thing that has happened to me with processes... :) :) :tazz:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello Xcelerate, sorry that it has been a few days to reply.
Sounds very abnormal but why do you stop that process at all. By the way I would not use Trend Micro Anti-Virus it is not that good. Get AVG anti virus home edition, it free and very good. There is a link in my signature.

Xcelerate

Xcelerate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thank you, although i have 1 gig of ram, i'm just deleting processes to maximize my online gamming performance :tazz:.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Ok then Read This

Xcelerate

Xcelerate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The problem now is that when i right click and terminate Pc-Cillin it still keeps PcCtlcom.exe still active, i'm POSITIVE it's related to pc cillin.
How do i get rid of this without getting my pc to a complete drag?
And it isnt in the MSCONFIG option either

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you are useing the internet it is not something to do, you are leaving your self open to attack. It is something I would never do. Again I will say get AVG AntiVirus it is better and dose not use as much ram.

If you still what to do it, go
Start < run and type services.msc
You can then find something here that belongs to PC-Cillin (it dose belong to PC-Cillin) don't stop any thing else here unless you know what you are doing because it will cause more problems than it is worth. If you what I can link to guides on what to you can stop.