Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Programs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bella_girl

bella_girl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
For some stupid reason I installed Kazaa (yea, mistake right there) but now I'm trying to get rid of it, but I can't. Went into the control panel and tried to uninstall it, but it gives me an error message:

InstallShield Wizard

Setup has experienced an error.

Please do the following:
- Close any running programs
- Empty your temporary folder
- Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

Error code: -6001

I, of course, have closed down everything relating to Kazaa, even went into msconfig and did the selective startup. Did a system clean up and deleted everything in my temp folder. I'm on the internet so that's not it either.

Tried even running setup again, and it goes through fine, but it still gives me the error.

Anything I can do? I need to get rid of this.

Advertisements

Xcelerate

Xcelerate

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok, dont use uninstall.
Go to START > RUN > "Regedit" (without quotes)
then on the left there should be folder trees, click once on MY COMPUTER, then press CTRL+F and a search menu will popup, type Kazza and delete the folder from the registry and everything inside it.
Then find the Actual kazza folder and delete.
that should do it... if u deleted all the temps, thats good... just don't bother with the uninstall though.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi There :tazz:

By installing Kazaa, you may have picked up some malware.
You need to go HERE, and read through the instructions fully. Then post a HJT log in the malware forum where you will get help.

bella_girl

bella_girl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I went through the regedit and deleted the information dealing with kazaa. I then started to run the actual program exe, but it said it couldn't be found. so yay! It's all gone.

Staff can close this thread now, thanks.