Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WPA-PSK

• Please log in to reply

paulsiam

paulsiam

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
My laptop has Atheros wireless; Windows XP Pro SP2. But there is no option to set the WPA-PSK which is required by the router in my area. I tried downloading a patch from microsoft, but when I treid to install it, it said that it was only for SP1. Any way to get a patch to make the wireless recongize WPA-PSK? The driver for the wireless is up to date.

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hey Paulsiam,

Check this Link. Pay particular attention to the Drivers that support the Wireless Zero Configuration service section.

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I have found that WPA is something that needs to be installed separate from your typical drivers for the wireless card, and should be included on your driver CD if the card supports it. I would check w/Manufacturer for this.