Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS XP HELP

• Please log in to reply

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
hi there everyone , i'm new to this forum and i hope i'm gonna be satisfied by ur advise :tazz:
so her it goes:
i've got a P4 running Windows XP Pro
i had a problem with the power-supply ventilator thing (I unfortunately noticed that too late :) )
so due to that,the power supply was "dead" i've bought a new power supply and installed it at the other one's place (and fixewd the ventilator too :))
but now, when I turn on the computer, i get a black screen for 25 sec right after the Intel logo, and before the Windows XP loading screen (so in other words 1st I get the intel logo screen , 2nd the black screen for 25 sec, and then the windows XP loading screen)
anyone knows what should i do??
plz HELP !!
~~SLASH~~

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi spirit_SLASH! Welcome to G2G!

What type of video card do you have? What is the make/model of it.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
And when you get the black screen, is there a little blinking cursor in the top left corner of the screen?

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
yeah there's a blinking underscore

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey nobody wants to help me :tazz: :'( ???

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You haven't answered my question in my first post. What is the make AND model of the video card you are using?

Fenor

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
oh okay sorry, my bad
i will probably look like a dumb person to you if i ask u the question"how do I know " ? :tazz: :S
(but i'm asking it anyway:))

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
There are no dumb people who ask questions, there are only stupid people who don't ask the questions they need answered. Now to get back to the question at hand. When you plug your monitor cable into the back of the computer itself is the plug towards the top or towards the bottom? If it's on top, then it's onboard video and I'll want you to give me the make and model of your computer. If it's on the bottom then I'll want you to open the case and pull out the card and give me the make and model number listed on the card itself.

If you don't understand the 'Fenorese' language I just typed, just ask for clarification :tazz:

Fenor

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Everest will tell you, too.
http://www.lavalys.com/

Johanna

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Actually an easier way to get this information is to log into SAFE MODE. To get into SAFE MODE reboot your computer and tab F8 about once a second until a screen pops up giving you the option to boot into safe mode. Once there, right click MY COMPUTER, then click on PROPERTIES. Then click on the HARDWARE tab, and click on DEVICE MANAGER. Click the '+' symbol next to DISPLAY ADAPTORS and post in your next post what it says.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Everest will tell you, too.
http://www.lavalys.com/

Johanna

View Post

Thanks Czarina, I just posted a way to figure it out easier too :tazz:

Fenor

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
yeah what i actually thought i should do was the display adapter thing but i saked the question anyway just 2 make sure. so here it goes :) :)
"Intel® 82845G/GL Graphics Contoller"
(am i right? :tazz: :S )
~~SpiriT_SL@SH~~

spirit_SLASH

spirit_SLASH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok.... seems like no one wants to help (ar at least knows how to help)
thanks anyway
~~SpiriT_SL@SH~~