Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Font mysteriously changed - only in cursive

• Please log in to reply

Woman

Woman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hello!

I've been working for weeks on several docs where I used the font Verdana. In most of them, I used Verdana cursive here and there.

Last night, I printed out a few docs and they looked great. This morning, I returned to my work to find the Verdana cursive looked very strange - on every single doc, even those I'd printed out last night.

On screen each word is stretched out and, instead of spaces between the words, I see a U with a little mark over it. It prints out stretched out but with usual spaces between each word (no weird U's).

My toolbar says it's Verdana cursive. Going in to Format then Letters (I'm working in Swedish so "Format" and "Letters" may not be correct) it says Verdana cursive, too.

It sure doesn't look like Verdana cursive. The rest of the docs, that is, regular Verdana, look fine. Cursive in several other fonts is OK.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Amanda

Edited by Woman, 30 September 2005 - 08:37 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well the weird little u's that don't print are probably the formatting...someone may have turned on the view that shows you the formatting marks though..you would also see some funky little p's.... the spacing is called kearning....and should be in the format section somewhere

what word processing program are you using?

Woman

Woman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I use MS Word. It's my PC at work - I left late last night and went in early this morning and, honestly, no one would have any reason to get into my computer. (No one has my passwords, either.)

I don't think the tekkies were in my computer, either.

One thing I did differently: I went into Start, Settings, Programs and removed the language support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic (no idea why they were there to begin with).

Thanks so much for the help!

/Amanda