Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

Dan Ellis

Dan Ellis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Folder that when I double click instead of showing me the contents, it opens the "Open with what" box.. Yet if I right click on the folder and select open, it shows me the contents... What gives?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
What kinds of files are in the folder? XP is asking you which program you want to use to open the contents. That is odd, because it should display the contents, not ask for a program selection to display the items in the folder.

Johanna

Dan Ellis

Dan Ellis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
In actuality, I have q mapped drive to a folder on another PC... When I double click on that mapped drive I expect to see the contents of that folder... Instead I see the "Open with what box"... Again as I said If I right click the mapped drive and say open it shows mw the contents or If I select the mapped drive and go to FILE . OPEN on the menu bar that will show me the contents as well...