Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installer at startup

• Please log in to reply

timetowaste

timetowaste

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Everytime I startup my computer I see a windows installer popup. A few seconds after that Nortan Internet Security (trial version 05) displays a message saying it can't repair and to reinstall.

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hi timetowaste,
You need to give more details about your Norton situation:
Have you uninstalled NIS (Norton Internet Security) because the trial has ended?

timetowaste

timetowaste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I'm still on the original 60 day trial that came with my computer.

Norton Internet Security is still installed and working.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I had the same thing back when I was still using Norton AntiVirus. The messages is simple it wants you to uninstall the program and reinstall it. I would to the first step but not the second! Get AVG AntiVirus, Zone Alarm firewall, and Spybot search & destroy, Aware SE and a MVPS Hosts file and you will be better protected for free! There are links in my signature to save me the job of adding them here :tazz: Hope this helps. If you have trouble removing Norton Internet Security just say so, it always leaves a lot of things behind and I know some one that is good at removing it.

timetowaste

timetowaste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I had always planned on using AVG after the trial was over. I figured since I had it I should use it.