Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DNS - Socket error - 10061

• Please log in to reply

jayfourj

jayfourj

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
:tazz:

Hi everyone:

I hope someone can help me. I have broadband service (through a cable modem). It worked fine up until a few days ago, when I removed the Accoona tool bar, now I can't get to my email or any site that requires a password like my online bill pay or internet bank, etc. I have tried to do everything on the start page but some of them required an update and it wouldn't me finish. I downloaded the AVG anti-virus and ran a deep system scan that found I had a Trojan (BACKDOOR.VB.11.BC), I deleted it and then ran the deep scan 2 more times and it said there were no more infections. I also have run spysweeper, and tried to run the Ewido full system scan, but it gets about 90% finished and then shuts down and I can't run the updates because I can't get to the internet site, it's the same way with Microsoft, can't run updates from there either. Now I am getting an error message that says - Socket error #10061 connection refused. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this error. I can get to any other website as long as it's not secure.
I called my internet provider and he said that my internet was configured correctly and I was connected to the internet.

Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Jayfourj

Edited by jayfourj, 01 October 2005 - 12:46 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
You may wish to take a look at this link - http://techrepublic....rt=0&tag=search