Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems concerning HP dvd writer 400i

• Please log in to reply

Kraze

Kraze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got a problem with my driver hp dvd writer 400i..

The real problem is that when i put an cd or dvd into it can read it but doesnt load it..
I have updated the firmware on it but it still doesnt work.
Firmware was dvd400c_kh27.exe.
When i put like a musik cd i can play it but dont game cd`s it just keep on loading and loading..

P.S. Im not so good with computers just posted here if u could help me and if u can plz write an good explanation :tazz: :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. It could be that the optical lens is dirty and needs to be cleaned. You can get a cd/dvd cleaner disk (it looks like a cd/dvd and has small brushes on it for cleaning the lens.) You can also clean with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Do a google search, cleaning cd optical lens for more info.