Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lockups using Outlook Express 6

• Please log in to reply

cdplayer

cdplayer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am using windows XP SP2. I'm using a Dell in a Inspriron 8000 series laptop. I have 512 MB of memory.

Outlook Express 6 locks up continually. I really can't say when it locks up it has a mind of its own. It can lock up when I'm sending an e-mail or preparing to send an e-mail or writing an the e-mail.

I am using Norton's antivirus, Spybot, As-Aware and Spyware Doctor. ran all of scanners none of the scanners discovered any Spyware.

Any suggestions and or comments are welcome!

Thanks!

Edited by cdplayer, 01 October 2005 - 09:42 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

also do start > programs > accessories >system tools >system information... in the right hand window on the general tab (or whatever the first tab is) what does it say your total physical memory is?

cdplayer

cdplayer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.
also do start > programs > accessories >system tools >system information... in the right hand window on the general tab (or whatever the first tab is) what does it say your total physical memory is?

View Post

Thank you for the pointer dsenette! :tazz: I will pay close attention to when the next lockup occurs and immediately check the error log to see what is causing the problem. While I was looking through the error log I did notice a few other things going on my OS. Interesting... Why didn't I thnk of this before?? :)

Cheers!!! :)