Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Random shutdown - Now solved

• Please log in to reply

JayBee

JayBee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
On 15th Sept I posted a problem of random shutdowns with calculator and explorer popups.

I tried all the start up stuff and nothing was found in the hijack log. 'CrustyOldBloke' gave me some more things to try but I was unable to reply because the symptoms got worse.

Yesterday I suddenly ceased to be able to use the keyboard. Guess what - tried another keyboard and all the symptoms disappeared! :tazz: !

So thanks for all your help but it turns out my problem was just a faulty keyboard not a malicious virus!

Many thanks anyway - it great to know there are people like yourselves to turn to.

JayBee

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thanks for the update JayBee

Glad to hear you got your problem sorted out,

Great job CrustyOldBloke :tazz: