Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AVI to DVD Problem

• Please log in to reply

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I know I've already left this in the Video Editing Forum, but it may be relevant here too.

Hi Geeks,

Can you help me? I am trying to convert an AVI file to play on a DVD but when i go to create it in Nero, Nero will say i need to put a .vob, .bup or .ifo file into the VIDEO_TS folder. Fair enough i say.
However, i have tried to convert my .AVI files to a DVD format using AVI2DVD but it will not work.I get the message:

Avisynth open failure:

AVISource: Couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc xvid
(C:\Documents and Settings\Shields\MyDocuments\StephenFiles ect.....)

Basically, I think i need an XVID Codec or something like that. I downloaded Xvidcore- 1.1.0-beta2. Is this what i need? If so, What do i do with it? If not, what do i need to get? I can play the files just fine on my PC.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Noobsaibot21

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should use start smart, make dvd video, then either make movie or add video files to locate the files, click export and Nero will create an MPEG file, and leave the original intact

noobsaibot21

noobsaibot21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello,

I tried to make it with start smart but it will only give me the option to add the files specified above. There is no Export button that i can find :tazz:
I usually use TMPGEnc to export files but they are showing up as invalid in Video source but they are okay on Audio Source.
Any ideas?
Many Thanks,
Noobsaibot21

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start Smart gives this

[attachment=3988:attachment]

Make DVD Video gives this

[attachment=3989:attachment]

Selecting make movie gives this

[attachment=3990:attachment]

Once you have added files the export option, next to more, becomes available, lights up, it will save it to the NeroVision Folder, exported video sub folder

When you installed Nero, did you install Vision Express

If not, you can get it fro Nero here

http://www.nero.com/eng/no_demo.php

If you download package two it will install with your existing serial number, if you already have these, have you opened start smart, clicked Nero, top left, then check for updates, it should be 6.6.0.16