Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphics cards

• Please log in to reply

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
-OK- I just upgraded from a nvidia geforce 2 128MB by pny technologies to a geforce FX5500 256MB DDR overclocked by BFG Tech and I would like to know if this was a good upgrade or not because some of my games are now stopping in the middle of game play for about 5-10 seconds then they start again.I just put in a memory upgrade chip by kingston technology it reads 512 MB DDR so my comp specs now are Intel Celeron 2.70 Ghz processor 768MB of ram nvidia graphics card Geforce FX5500 O.C. 256 DDR I'm trying to play axis & allies, Act of War:Direct Action,Dungeon siege II,Rise of Nations,and Stronghold 2 Should I have any problems playing these games.And what does Overclocked mean?????????????

Advertisements

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
....you need a new processor the celeron isnt such a good gaming chip

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
What kind of processor would I need To get and how do I know if it is compatible with my Cpu? Also how much would it cost????? How do I install it??????