Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Winfixer Virus infecting Internet Explorer [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Hawk24

Hawk24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Woohoo! :)
Thanks alot for your help and prompt responsiveness. It was all greatly appreciated. I will look into the tutorial stuff for the future.
I started using Internet Explorer again (for a few minutes), and did not come across any popups or it did not seem to be acting weird.
If something comes up again...you'll probably hear from me! :tazz:
Once again though, thanks alot!
Take care!
What should I do with all the stuff I downloaded and have on my desktop? Is it okay to keep? Is it crucial to get rid of any of the files or logs, ...they won't cause further infections will they?!

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Looking back...

You may keep CleanUp since it's good for general cleaning up of temp folders. Keep Ewido also ... good as a backup antivirus (compatibile with most antivirus programs, so no worries about conflicts).

Delete l2mfix, vundofix and any of the logs you generated during this process.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.