Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unstable System

• Please log in to reply

Mjhughes

Mjhughes

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

I was investigating into why my copy of football manager kept crashing and after being advised to use prime95 I found out my system is unstable. I really dont know what to do now. I've been told to use a memory testing prgram but how these programs actually work or what I need to be looking out for is a bit advanced for me. Any help would be greatly recieved.

Cheers

Michael :tazz: :) :) :)

Advertisements

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Go to http://www.memtest.org and download & unzip the iso (CD image file). Use your CD burning software to burn it to disk (burn disk image option).

Then alter your bios settings to boot from CD and reboot your system. The program will start automatically, note that as it does a very extensive time consuming test and hence you'll probably need to leave it running overnight.

desca

desca

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I was told on some of the new Mobos iwas looking at that the default power to the RAM on the board needed to be corrected. I dont know if this is your problem but might help.hope this helps.

Edited by desca, 01 October 2005 - 05:54 PM.