Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error code 39 - floppy drive

• Please log in to reply

dan7brit

dan7brit

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
HI, I wonder if anyone could help me? I am not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

My operating system is wins XP pro. Unfortuantely, I cannot find my floppy disc drive icon. In the device manager it says there is a code 39 error for the floppy drive. I have checked BIOS and the drive is registered there. Howvere in MS/Dos the A: format command is not being recognised either in C:\ windows or C:\ commands.

The drive did work when XP was first loaded on my computer, but not now. NO other hardward has been added since.

Help! I have run out of ideas to sort this problem out. Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi dan7brit! Welcome to G2G!

I'd suggest you check out this website and see if it cannot help you solve your problem.

Good luck!

Fenor

P.S.-- I'm figuring that your floppy drive is bad. I'd get it replaced, they are pretty cheap.

Edited by Fenor, 01 October 2005 - 03:46 PM.

dan7brit

dan7brit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Thanks. I will try that and let you know how it goes.