Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Still have that BSOD Problem

• Please log in to reply

brenda4172

brenda4172

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hey guys, I've been getting help from the experts in the Malware department. I was able to get malware free. But the night I was visited by all the spyware, viruses, malware, pop-ups etc. I also starting experiencing a computer shut down.

Buckeye Sam suggested I talk to you guys now. I have not or previously added any software or hardware. The device manager does not show any problems.
The last thing suggested was to download the program Everest Home Edition. I did that, but not exactly sure how to use it. This is what the blue screen shows
I_R_Q_L is not less_than_ or_ Equal

The parameter codes sometime change
this is the most common: Stop 0X000000A(0XE1EF7B88,OX00000FF,0X00000000,0X80563DBA) sometimes the stop code is Stop 0X000000D1

you can check out previous thread in the Malware Section

http://www.geekstogo...ndpost&p=342329

Any help you can give me would be appreciated. This has been going on since August 19th :tazz:

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Was thinking that it's a driver issue also...You said you didn't install any new hardware lately. Do you remember if you used any new hardware right before this problem started?

I also suggest running a memory scan:

Download the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and install it on a blank floppy disk. Restart your computer and insert the floppy. If necessary, change your bios to boot from the floppy drive first. Let it load from the floppy and run the memory test for about 15 minutes. If no errors show up, you may exit the program and take out the floppy.

brenda4172

brenda4172

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Sorry, I guess I need step by step directions. Haven't got this to work as yet.

went to set up

and under boot sequence, unchecked everything except floppy drive.

exited and saved changes. Rebooted with the floppy in and it wouldn't work. set remove media and stike any key to continue.

when i go to run and drive to run it, the only options are to create a bootable floppy disk. :tazz:

Edited by brenda4172, 06 October 2005 - 06:45 PM.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
OK, try not to change anything too much in the BIOS. Only change the boot sequence (only the order of them...don't disable any of them).

1. Go to that Microsoft site I gave you.
2. Download that file to your computer.
3. Insert a blank floppy to your drive and run that file you downloaded...let it copy the file over.
4. Restart your computer and go into the BIOS. Change the boot sequence so that the floppy drive is on the top of all the other drives listed there (like the hard drive and cd drive). So just make sure it's on top.
5. Save the bios changes and exit.
6. Insert that floppy disk (if you took it out). Let it run. Boot from it...
7. Let it finish those 6 tests that you see there. See if any errors show up.
8. If errors are found, it's your memory/ram that's bad. Change/replace them. If no errors are found, just exit the program...it's probably not a memory problem.

brenda4172

brenda4172

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
OK went through the tests. No errors were found.

Could I use the Home Everest program to see which driver is a problem?
and exactly how do I use that program?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If you run Everest, click on the Reports toolbar, then select Quick report All Pages -> HTML
This will generate a report which you can then attach (don't paste) to your next post. NB If the resulting HTML report is too large to attach, then run the report again but this time select the Text File option & attach that instead

brenda4172

brenda4172

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for your help

Here is the report

Attached Files

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Thanks for that. I'll look over it & get back to you.
While I think of it - do the STOP errors happen at any particular time?
EG:
- starting up/shutting down windows
- running any specific applications
- while Online
etc

brenda4172

brenda4172

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
no not really, sometimes when I first log on and waiting for everything to load. Other times the comptuer is on and running all day and it happens. Sometimes going on IE. I tried to keep a log but, it happens at random times.

Sorry not to be more help.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi
Can you do one more thing please - go to Start->Run.. and type msconfig <OK>
Then click on the startup tab in msconfig & let me know what is listed in there. I only need to know whats in the left hand column (next to the check boxes), so don't worry about the full path listings, just the names will do.

Advertisements

brenda4172

brenda4172

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Updreg
hcenter
SNDMon
hpcmpmgr
gcasServ
DELLMMKB
ccApp
AHQInit
blsloader
THGuard
RealPlay
dumprep o -k
msmsgs
ctfmon
WKDetect
aim
Camio Viewer 2000
NKvMon.exe

brenda4172

brenda4172

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
any ideas yet?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I'm really sorry Brenda, I didn't see your post on 10 Oct with the startup list in until today, hence the delay in replying.

I'm going to give you a quick description of what each of those startup files are for. I'm going to ask you to disable all of them temporarily just to see if it makes a difference to the BSODs.

Updreg - Reminder to register SoundBlaster card (this can stay permanently disabled if you wish)
hcenter - Part of Bell South ISP tools
SNDMon - Symantec (nortons) live update (this can be done manually so leave permanently disabled if you like)
hpcmpmgr - HP Component manager
gcasServ - Giant Microsoft Antispyware
DELLMMKB - Multimedia keyboard control for Dells
ccApp - Usually part of Nortons AV (If you do not use Nortons antivirus however, DO NOT re-enable this file as it may be malware)
AHQInit - Audio HQ for soundblaster
blsloader - part of Bell South ISP tools
THGuard - Trojan Hunter Anti malware
RealPlay - System tray icon for realplayer
dumprep o -k - system memory dump
msmsgs - windows messenger (if you don't use this, then don't bother to re-enable)
ctfmon - Usually part of MS Office's alternative lanuage input WKDetect
aim - AOL Instant Messenger (again, if you don't use this, you leave it disabled)
Camio Viewer 2000 - part of image expert
NKvMon.exe - Nikkon camera utility

Disable each of these by clearing the checkbox next to each entry in msconfig

If the BSODs don't stop, you can re-able the ones that you need.
Let me know what happens

brenda4172

brenda4172

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks Samm, I will try this, and will get back to you. Did you see any thing in the Everest summary?

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

Edited by brenda4172, 16 October 2005 - 07:02 PM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi Brenda

I've had a look through the everest report & although I can't spot anything thats obviously wrong, I've got a couple of things for you to try, if disabling the startup items doesn't work :

1. Go into the bios & decrease the size of the AGP aperture to 32MB

2. From what I can tell from Everest, it looks like all your devices (e.g modem, network card, sound etc) are integrated into the motherboard & can't be physically removed. If this is the case for the Network card & the dialup modem, then go into the bios & disable the one you aren't using (i.e if you have broadband Internet, then disable the sailup modem. If you use standard dialup internet & have no network cable, then disable the network card

3. If neither of the above two steps make any difference to the BSODs, then temporarily disable the sound card in the bios

Let me know if any of these make a difference before we go any further

Samm