Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error code on loggin in to acount

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
My computer was workin just fine untill i recently started it up. Everything seemned just fine untill i logged on to my acount. When i did i message came up saying ...

Windows Cannot load profile because it may be corrupted.

Then it would give me a option to continue so i clicked on it and it puts me in a temp - acount.

When it was done loading it very slowly i got a error message stating .....

Advanced INF Install
%REMOVE_NODIR_ERROR%

The way im able to post this is that i turned my computer off manually and restarted and logged onto the second acount which seems to work fine.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What I suggest you do is go into SAFE MODE (reboot your computer and tap F8 about once a second until the screen displays the option for you to log into safe mode). Then log in as the ADMINISTRATOR. Then once logged in, go to START-->CONTROL PANEL and double-click USER ACCOUNTS. Highlight the account that isn't working properly and click DELETE THE ACCOUNT. On the next screen select KEEP FILES, and then on the next screen click DELETE ACCOUNT. Then once it's deleted, click on CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT and enter the name you used for the last account. Follow the prompts to create the account. Once it's created, go to your desktop and find the folder labeled with the name of your account, right click on it and select CUT. Then double click MY COMPUTER, double-click on the C: Drive. Then select EDIT up at the top of the window and choose PASTE. Then reboot your machine. If you are now able to log in normally without errors, go back to the C: drive in MY COMPUTER and open the folder with the name of your account, and copy the files from the DESKTOP and MY DOCUMENTS folders to their respective places on your computer, being copy the DESKTOP stuff back onto your desktop and the MY DOCUMENTS stuff back into your my documents for this account.

Post back how things went.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 01 October 2005 - 06:34 PM.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
In addition to the files\folders Fenor has asked you to copy there are also some more important file, like: Ntuser.dat, Ntuser.dat.log & Ntuser.ini.
For more details refer:
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151

Edited by darth_ash, 02 October 2005 - 07:45 AM.

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Try a windows repair. It might get your account back normal.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey darth_ash,

Those are the only three files the user is NOT supposed to copy over to the new account, according to the link you gave.

Fenor

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you tried tapping F8 at startup to get the bootmenu, and then choose "Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)"?

http://support.micro...;307852&sd=tech

If that doesn't work, try booting to safe mode, and try a system restore to a date before the problem began.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Hey darth_ash,
Those are the only three files the user is NOT supposed to copy over to the new account, according to the link you gave.
Fenor

View Post

Oops. sorry, my bad. Thanx Fenor :) . Maybe I should'nt be posting when I have a hangover. :tazz:

Anyways I still suggest he follow the article for the rest of the files.

Edited by darth_ash, 02 October 2005 - 09:37 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hehe, I know the feeling. But yes that is a great article he should definitely follow.

Fenor