Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer

• Please log in to reply

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
hello, im having trouble with my printer, its an Epson Stylus Color 440, and i have Windows ME, in the list for printing options to set my printer up, it doesnt have the style color 440, is there like anything close to the stylus 440 that will work, or is there anywhere i can download a printer driver for it since i dont have a disk for it or anything, thanks

Advertisements

JoKeR

JoKeR

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Is this a USB or a parallel printer setup?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi deadmenrwalking! Welcome to G2G!

Try this link for the driver for your printer. I would suggest you use the Printer Driver v4.5CE since it is for Windows 95 and 98. There are no printer drivers that list it's made for windows ME, but 95 and 98 is the closest and should work. Give it a try, it can't hurt anything.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 01 October 2005 - 07:41 PM.

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
ok, thanks, ill try that and as soon as i do ill get right back to you

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is for installing it on ME

http://esupport.epso...C4FDC25B87C9B0D

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Thanks Keith, that confirms that the driver I found and pointed out he should try will work since on the page you linked to it shows the folder as called c:\ENGLISH\WINDOWS98. :tazz:

Fenor

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
what would make the printer print out nothing, it works but when printing it prints out nothing and the ink thats in it is new, i just went and bought that like 2 hours ago, thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Might be a dumb question but I've had it before. Did you take the protective cover tape off the bottom of the ink cartridges before inserting them?

Fenor

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
and also, i dont use my USB port as a printer port, i use my printer port in the back

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
there aint any protective tape on the bottom of it, iv always just put the ink in, push down the little lever and it puts alittle hole at the bottom of it, and it starts working

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I really don't know printers that well so it's outta my league now. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a possible solution.

What I would suggest you do is follow any maintenance options it has for cleaning the printer heads, aligning the cartridges, etc... and see if that clears up the situation.

What I can suggest is follow the information on the follow links:Fenor

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hey, sorry for being so dumb, there was alittle tape at the top of the ink to let air in so it would be easier to get the ink out, soooooo i took it off and now my printer is working GREAT again, thanks for all ur help, take care, bye till i need help again :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This can help

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts