Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display problems

• Please log in to reply

sambo135

sambo135

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello
i recently formatted my computer and reinstalled everything, but now, when i play any movies files the quailty is really low for some reason. I've updated the graphic driver, reinstall an old driver, downloaded codecs. I would understand it could be my graphics card, but when i play games such as WoW, UT2003, CS, NFSU2 they all work prefectly fine.

Sam

Advertisements

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I had a problem similar to this a while ago. I made the mistake of updating my graphics driver without uninstalling the old one (nVidia FX5200 on XP-64 box).

See if there is an option under "add/remove programs" to remove your graphics driver, do so, reboot and then reinstall.

PS: It would help if you could tell us what your graphics card is.

sambo135

sambo135

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
em.. i put it in the heading, its a FX 5200, i uninstalled the drivers then reinstalled an old version that came with the cd. and it worked
Thanks
Sam

It appears that when i install the newer driver: 77.72, this problem occurs. Does any one know why??
Thanks

Edited by sambo135, 02 October 2005 - 04:22 AM.

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Opps, that's what you get for answering questions when tired. Lucky for you that I had the same problem with the same card, or perhaps not.

I also had that problem with the 77.72 version drivers, however I have video cables running to my TV (secondary display in full screen mode) and that worked fine, weird. Still, it was really irritating, especially when looking at email attachments.

Upgrading to the 77.77 version drivers seems to have fixed it though (up to 78.01 currently), will probably do the same for 32bit XP, note the bit about removing the old drivers first.