Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gigabyte FireWire Pinout ?

• Please log in to reply

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
My motherboard (GA-K8NS Pro) has built in FireWire with 2 connector blocks on the motherboard.

One of them (F2_1394) connects to a supplied expansion slot cover, which also houses 2 USB ports. The other (F1_1394) is meant for a front FireWire connection.

My case came with Firewire front connectors built in so I went to connect the cable as specified. Lo and behold it didn't work, however if I plug it in as specified into the other connector it does work.

So what I'm asking is that if anyone has one of the optional Gigabyte FireWire connector cables, could they post the pinout. It would be the same for all Gigabyte motherboards.

I'm beginning to suspect that Gigabyte deliberately puts false or misleading information in their manuals to force customers to buy the official product. The listed pinout to the game connector leans towards gibberish and the actual wireing to the D15 connector is a tangled mess.

/""""\
[ A B ]
[ C D ]
[ E F ]
[___]

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Gigabyte Wiring
Date: 3rd Oct-2005
Poster: Kurt_Aust

Gigabyte has been using a different FireWire pin-out array on their motherboards and has fitted the 3D Aurora with both their own strip type connector and the more traditional square array. This arrangement gives the user three separate configurations which should match up to the motherboard you decide to install.

Other Enclosures have documentation problems also – This is [why / source] of Front Panel USB & Firewire Ports have wiring problems – The [Cables & Wiring Harness] are often [OUT-SOURCED] & then [KITTED] for retail -

Here is a Web site that has wiring info – On Front Panel – Wiring -

http://www.overclock...es865/index.asp

[Bottom Line] – Have to check everything – Take nothing for granted – Always check [POWER PINS] for proper match up – usually are color coded – BUT SOMETIMES that is messed up also –

Then you have [Proprietary] Manufactures like DELL that customizes everything including Power Supplies - & cabling -

Jack123