Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hibernate keeps resuming

• Please log in to reply

MikeOtown

MikeOtown

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Whenever I press the power button on my Compaq Presario R3000 laptop with Windows XP Professional, it hibernates fine, but then immediately Resumes as if I had pressed the power button again. XP Home is also installed on the same hard drive (in a different folder). The problem just started recently after I installed XP Professional.

Advertisements

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Have you tried screwing around with the time settings of hibernation mode? Desktop-->right mouse button-->properties-->monitor power settings. Look around in there for settings that might cause your problem.

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, MikeOtown.

When did this start happening? It sounds driver related, I'd say something you installed/changed at around the time this started happening caused it.

MikeOtown

MikeOtown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Going into the Power settings, the only option on the Hibernate tab is to Enable it or disable it. I tried disabling it and then re-enabling it. I also tried changing the time before automatic Hibernation on the Power Schemes tab to "After 6 hours" instead of "Never". Neither of these fixed the problem.

The laptop came with Windows XP Home on it. I recently installed XP Pro into a new folder and then I used the Compaq CD that came with the laptop to install the Compaq drivers (network, video, etc.). That may be what did it. I'll try visiting the HP/Compaq support site to see if they have any updates for me.

Any other ideas on what might fix this problem?