Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

User Logon screen

• Please log in to reply

aalh004

aalh004

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
A user account screen started to come up now every time i boot my computer, how the heck do u stop it coming up. I dont need this window as im the only user and i have no password!!! I know its just silly, but i dont like it!!!!!!!!!! I tried looking around fro some option in user accounts, but i cant find any option that stops it coming up!!!

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hi aalh004,
Download TweakUI, a Microsoft Powertoy from the following link:
http://download.micr...wertoySetup.exe

Install and open TweakUI.
In TweakUI, Expand Logon and click on Autologon; enable the Log on automatically a system startup option and set the username there if not already set.

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
There is a way to do that witout Tweak UI.

Here goes:

Start-->control panel-->useraccounts-->change the way users log on- and off.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Actually the cause of this screen coming up is that you downloaded the .NET Framework v1.1 from Windows Update. If you go back to Windows Update and download service pack 1 for it and then go back again and download the critical update for the service pack 1 (yeah yeah i know typical microsoft, couldn't just add them to the original .NET v1.1 download) your problem will be gone.

Fenor