Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 new problems lol

• Please log in to reply

S.T.P

S.T.P

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
lately when i start my pc a windows installer opos up and doesnt go way until a cancel, and my icons dont appear on the desktop for about 2-3 minutes, anyone know how to fix these 2 problems

thanks in advance

Advertisements

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, S.T.P.

They are probably related. What is the windows installer messing around with? (Which program?)

S.T.P

S.T.P

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ummm it doesnt say it just says windows installer

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Usually, when you let the installer do it's thing once, it will be done with annoying you and it won't show up anymore.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
That is not necessarily true. It is most likely either some malware trying to install additional software on your machine, or you had a failed install in the past that is still trying to finish. Go to START-->RUN and type in 'msconfig' and click on the STARTUP tab. Post in here a screenshot of the checked items in this list and lets see what might be causing it.

Fenor

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, S.T.P.

I agree with Fenor, it is most likely something that didn't install right, or something that cut off. Do you remember when this started happening, or what you installed/changed at the same time frame?

Also, have you tried waiting it out?

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I'm sorry and I know this wont be much help but does s.t.p. mean smash the puter?

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
lol. Have you recently tried installing a part of microsoft office? I often have installers popping up at me after installing a new copy of MS office.