Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP NEEDED BIULD A GAMING RIG

• Please log in to reply

t3ddyb3ar21

t3ddyb3ar21

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
ur first post looks exactly like how i am building mine.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
well your first choice comes on par with the 6800GT anyway in terms of real performance it isnt far of the ultra either when you see a pc with both together playing the same game, ATI also has the true AA, dual channel doesnt mean its two times better either its more in the range of an extra third of the preformance.

ATI just came out with a new range of gfx cards as well based on the R520 core, at the moment i can only see the x1800s(the uberest version of the card beats the 7800s, its not even ATIs big daddy card release this year either: the r580s are out at christmas) there is a mid range gamers card the x1500 or 1600 i think and it may suit your purposes.

The corsair value is fine although the stuff he linked you to has the picture of what the pro stuff is i got the xms ram but it was the stuff with the normal silver non molded heat sink, i was dammed to pay 50 pound for black metal on my ram that serves aruably no real purpose.

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
do not get an ATi card with that mobo. Of course you can use ONE, but not too in SLI configuration. It would be pointless to get an SLI mobo and buy two ATi cards because that chipset doesnt support them. If I were you, I would buy one 6800 GT now and when I got the funds later I would get another one. 2 6800 GT's! w00t!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No i wouldnt get that motherboard with an ATI card as at the moment nvidia arent letting a crossfire operate on their boards. I wouldnt reccomned the above configuration due to the rapid hardware changes due to take place in the way computers work and the extra pci-e port from not haveing the sli board will be more valuable than an extra old gfx card. Its always better to buy single cards than two.

Optikal

Optikal

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
well first of all im on the other side of the world so the cheap parts links i have would be useless to you, how ever i have recently(1mnth) built 2 nice home systems, gamesbox and a powerhouse, i have found the motherboard to be the most important decision, i also found as my big payday drew near my decisions on what i wanted changed alot.. in the end i brough 3 motherboards and tested over 12, the best in order - MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI ($338fastest)- EPOX EP-9NPA+ Ultra ($205)- ASUS A8N.SLI Deluxe($399) New Zealand prices, potentally long story short, the Neo4 motherboard was mint ... good luck in your final creation :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It is very good,the version i have is the non sli and i love it, that cmos reset button is great.

Edited by warriorscot, 26 October 2005 - 09:08 AM.