Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

autochk

• Please log in to reply

faizal4

faizal4

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
i can start windows normally but then it says autochk not found skipping AUTOCHECK what is that please help?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Can you get into Safe Mode? (You get into safe mode by rebooting your computer and tapping F8 about once a second until a screen appears that allows you to reboot into Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Last Known Good Configuration that worked, etc...) Hightlight the SAFE MODE option and hit enter if you can get to this screen.

Post back the details so we can continue.

Fenor

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
okay ill try 1 second

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
nope it just restarts the computer again when i try doing safe mode.

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
i cant get into the pc using safe mode it starts windows normally then it comes up with that autochk program not found-skipping AUTOCHECK.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Do you have your XP cd handy?

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
nope thats the thing i lost my bloody xp sp2 cd and i have sp2 on that messed up computer will a normal xp cd work?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
yes a normal XP cd will work all we need to do is get into the Recovery Console.

Ok, what you need to do is boot from your XP CD, you might need to change the boot order in the BIOS if it doesn't let you boot off the CD. Once you have booted off the CD, the first screen where you have to hit a key as input, hit the 'R' button to enter the Recovery Console. Once there, you will have to select the operating system you want to boot into, most like it's '1', so just hit '1' and hit ENTER, for the Administrator Password just hit ENTER because it's almost always blank. Once at the C:\Windows prompt, type the following:

CHDIR $NtUninstallKB824105$\spuninst

Once you're in that folder, you'll need to execute the spuninst.txt which contains DOS commands, similar to a .BAT file. The command instructions in this spuninst.txt file will actually copy the original system files to their respective folders. To run the spuninst.txt file, type this:

BATCH spuninst.txt

The hotfix will be uninstalled. Restart, and see if the problem is resolved. If Windows loads normally, open Add/Remove Programs and completely uninstall that particular hotfix. This ensures that the additional files, Add/Remove entries and other registry keys added by the Hotfix are removed completely.

Edited by Fenor, 02 October 2005 - 09:57 AM.

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
so in recovery console where it says "C:" type "C:1" enter then "C:nothing/blanc" enter is that rite?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
No, once you hit 'R' to enter the recovery console, it will ask what version of windows you want to log into and will show 1: C:\Windows, so just hit the '1' key and ENTER, then it will ask you for the Administrator password, just hit ENTER because it is blank. Then do what I said in the previous post.

Fenor

Advertisements

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
but it does not ask for the os or password and when i press "1" enter it says command not recognized

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What does it display EXACLTY on the screen AFTER you hit 'R' to enter the RECOVERY CONSOLE.

Fenor

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
does it ask u for the pass and what windows u want to logg into as soon as you are in recovery console?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yes that is the first thing it will ask for. If nothing is listed then I'm afraid it's time for a reformat and reinstall.

Fenor

faizal4

faizal4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
okay ill tell you what it exactly says 1 minute let me check