Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin network prob

• Please log in to reply

the_vindicator16

the_vindicator16

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok i have a asdl/network router(belkin)
also just installed in my new comp a Belkin g wireless desktop card.

im getting timed out every hour or so or even after 20-30 mins if i have something at a high download rate

i have a laptop on the network and that doesnt time out at all

please help im pulling my hair out

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would try disabling your old NETWORK CARD that you are no longer using. Right click on MY COMPUTER, click on PROPERTIES, click on the HARDWARE tab, then click on the DEVICE MANAGER button, then click the '+' symbol next to NETWORK ADAPTORS, then right click the network adaptor listed that you are no longer using and select DISABLE. Click YES/OK to the warning when you disable it. Then reboot your computer and see how things go.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What are you using when you 'have something at a high download rate'? Like getting a file off a site using Internet Explorer or what?

Fenor

the_vindicator16

the_vindicator16

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i am using a torrent program called azureau, i thought this may be a problem because it takes up so much memory, sometimes it also causes my computer to freeze

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Unfortunately we cannot help you with a problem related to the use of any Peer-2-Peer programs. What I can suggest is that you discontinue using this program and see if the problem still persists. Try downloading a huge file off the Internet from a website, like a demo for a game or something and see if you still get the same results.

Good luck!

Fenor

the_funkey_monkey

the_funkey_monkey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey mate i was just wandering did you get this problem sorted i have the exact same problem!! :tazz:

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

Unfortunately we cannot help you with a problem related to the use of any Peer-2-Peer programs.

FYI, bit-torrent is not a peer-2-peer program, it is a means of transfering a file using multiple streams with the ability to put all the pieces together. It is much faster, assuming a highspeed connection, then a single stream and can deal with interuptions and restart, without having to start completly over again.