Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with removing folder

• Please log in to reply

Humaldux

Humaldux

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I dunno if this goes here but i think tehre is some spyware
i used spysweeper, adaware, and spybot to scan and removed all the stuff
in the Program Files there is a msn gaming zone folder and a folder named windows in that folder. if it try to delete msn gaming zone in normal mode it says cannot delete windows: it may be in use. I can delete it in safe mode but it comes back when in normal mode. (there are no other files in the msn gaming zone except the folder)

Also I cant reinstall IE it eithere says There is a program installed that needs to reboot the comp before it can start. There is also a internet explorer folder in program files. in that internet explorer folder it has a connection wizard folder which is empty. I cant delete it in normal but i can in safe. When i try to install back IE it says THere is internet explorer installed already. Then the internet explorer folder comes back. I tried using the steps from the internet forum. But since my comp is hp so i dunno the cdkey (dunno where to find it) for xp.

Would appreciate the help

Advertisements