Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
This is for my friend. She isn't very good with computers, so hopefully you guys can help me help her. Here's the problem. Everytime she goes on internet Explorer she gets the Internet explorer error box that says send error report or whatever that thing is. I tried to disable uneccessary add-ons, but that didn't help at all. I don't want her to reformat her computer, because I know there has got to be a more simple way to fix this problem. I did a virus scan, and nothing turned up. She has a firewall, and virus program, and the computer she has is not old. She barely bought it about 2 months ago. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it, thank you. :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi computerdude1985!

Have you run a spyware scan on her computer? I suggest you download Ewido Security Suite. Make sure that once you install it that you run UPDATE so that it has the most recent definitions to work with. After you finish the update, then click the SCANNER and run a FULL SYSTEM SCAN. This will take awhile so be patient. After it's done, reboot your computer and see if the problem still persists.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 02 October 2005 - 06:43 PM.

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hi computerdude1985!

Have you run a spyware scan on her computer?  I suggest you download Ewido Security Suite.  Make sure that once you install it that you run UPDATE so that it has the most recent definitions to work with.  After you finish the update, then click the SCANNER and run a FULL SYSTEM SCAN.  This will take awhile so be patient.  After it's done, reboot your computer and see if the problem still persists.

Fenor

View Post

I will let her know, thanks so much!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi computerdude1985...

Next time you get the error, check the details link and get as much information on the error as possible. Post them (details) to this thread.

Please download System Spec...run it, and post (or attach) a log to this thread. This will give us your system specifications. (Small enough for a floppy and a good tool...hint)

And also please post me a HJT log so I can take a look at what's running on your machine. I figure you've probably already used that a time or two.

wannabe1

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Well, this is for my friends computer, not mine, so I don't have access to her computer. I'm going to write down this link so hopefully I can visit it there hopefully.

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hi computerdude1985!

Have you run a spyware scan on her computer?  I suggest you download Ewido Security Suite.  Make sure that once you install it that you run UPDATE so that it has the most recent definitions to work with.  After you finish the update, then click the SCANNER and run a FULL SYSTEM SCAN.  This will take awhile so be patient.  After it's done, reboot your computer and see if the problem still persists.

Fenor

View Post

My friend tried to download it, but it didn't work. Is there any other alternative. I'm communicating with her through Yahoo Instant Messenger.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
computerdude1985...

Have your friend go to the malware forum and she can download some really good software from there. Start at the Start Here link at the top of the page.

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

wannabe1

MAG

MAG

• Pip
  • 9 posts
just a suggestion
simply goto control panel
add and remove programs
windows components
un-chick windows explorer
the explorer will go away
restart your PC
and do it again and chick windows explorer
then restsrt your PC

that is it
fresh install of the internet explorer
remember to export your favorit links into file to get it back after the fresh install
i hope that would help

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Turn off error reporting.
IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced
untick "display a notification about every script error"

Johanna