Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help adding xbox to wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

cappsd

cappsd

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have recently optained Bellsouth DSL service and am trying to create a wireless connection for xbox live. I am using a Westell model 2200 modem, Linksys WRT54G router, and Linksys WGA54AG wireless game adapter. Dell computer running Windows XP. I have the router installed and running. We are able to connect to xbox live from router via an ethernet cable with no problems. When I try to connect wirelessly thru the game adapter, xbox recognizes the wireless network but I cannot get a connection. I am marginally computer literate and a total network illiterate. Any help anyone could provide in easy to follow direction would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you tried the manufacturer's website on how to do this? Or contacted microsoft for help?

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 02 October 2005 - 07:36 PM.

cappsd

cappsd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i spent approx four hours online chat time with the linksys techs with no success. Have checked the xbox site for troubleshooting and tried some of their suggestions regarding power cycling the modem, etc and nothing worked. have not talked to any microsoft techs....