Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Welcome!

• Please log in to reply

mpy

mpy

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
The welcome screen isn't showing anymore when I turn on my computer. I only have 1 user but the welcome screen always came up before. I've checked to see that it is turned on aswell as fast user switching. Any ideas? Thanks

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Did you happen to by chance install any Windows Updates recently? Because there is an update to the .NET Framework v1.1 that makes it so you don't have to click your name anymore to login as long as your account doesn't have a password.

Fenor

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Is it automatically logging in? If so, do you want it like that or do you want to pick your username at the Welcome screen?

mpy

mpy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Yeh I wanna pick the username and I want to keep the administrator account hidden.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Set a pass word, and you will still have to pick the account.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Go to the Start Menu, then type control userpasswords2. From there, check the box that says "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."

mpy

mpy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Thankyou very much ^.^ Pi Rules!