Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Floppy Dongle? Harddrive Dongle?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Some video cards say they need an avaliable harddrive dongle, which I dont know if I have.

My current video card is powered like this: wires from psu go to the Hd, then they go to the video card, then to the floppy. Is this a floppy or hardrive dongle?
The connection to the video card is a big 4 pin connector.

If that is a floppy dongle, how do I know if I have room for another hardrive dongle?

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Dongle Plug
Date: 3rd Oct-2005
Poster Patem

These plugs are they cascaded – (usually they are pass-thru connectors on data lines) – Sounds like you are describing the 4 pin power connectors – The dongle plug is generally a means of software/hardware protection – In one case – I would think more on the lines of a Security Video System – And very $$$$ -

Here is Web site for Dongle Info - http://www.handicom....lish/dongle.asp Start here

But if you are looking at a video card that features dual DVI outputs and a video-in/video-out (VIVO) module. Where – the onboard VIVO allows for the output of composite, S-video, and component video- and allows for composite and S-video input that uses video-in/video-out dongle. The dongle allows for the input and output of composite and S-video and also outputs component video. then visit this web site –

If that is the case then maybe you should try POSTING in the – [GAMES] – or [VIDEO EDITING] – Sections of this Forum – for info & web sites – on hands experience –

If you have a Video Card in mind – Visit that Web site –

What is it – that you are thinking of using – or what video card are you having trouble with??

Edited by Jack123, 03 October 2005 - 07:13 PM.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If that is a floppy dongle, how do I know if I have room...