Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

William Harvey

William Harvey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
while doing a system restore, as prompted by a dell tech i lost power, lost everything, i can get to a reboot screen but anything i click on gets me to a blue screen that says windows shut down to prevent damage to your computer, this is a new machine dell says they cant help me, i have no cd, why i have no idea, they didn't send one with computer.
any one have any ideas
im really mad at dell, they are giving me no help at all. my computer is completely useless

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could remove the drive and set it as a slave in another PC to see what you can recover

An XP CD will be needed to replace the files needed to start Windows

If you did not get a CD and Dell did not install a recovery partition then you should ask what they intend to do as one company has lost a case in the States and has to supply a CD if asked

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Ask for a XP recovery CD and do a windows repair if possible.