Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

STOP MESSAGE...Please Help

• Please log in to reply

glfpimp

glfpimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

Recently, I went to windows update and it said I needed new updating software. After downloading and installing, it said I needed to restart my computer. Upon restarting, windows loaded and after about 5 seconds, it restarted and went into a cycle of restarts. So, I disabled restart during error and got the following STOP message: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x8056e2a2, 0xf7e7f96c, 0x0)

After not being able to figure out the problem, I went to run and did a verifier and restarted to try and verify my drivers. When I did this, windows did not even load completely and I got the following error:

0x000000CD (0x83121000, 0x0, 0x804f7c57, 0x0).

I did not make any other changes to my computer other than the windows update so I am not sure what is going on. I have checked for viruses with Panda, Macafee, and one other virus tool. Also, I have checked for spyware with XoftSpy, BPS Spyware Remover, Lavasoft Adware Remover, and spybot search and destroy and have eliminated pretty much any possibility of the problem being a virus.

Please help!

Thank you!!!

--JOSH

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
A quick Google search yielded:
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;827663

This stop error seems to be associated with nVidia problems and memory errors, too.

I would try a System Restore first, and then, if no joy, boot to safe mode and check video card drivers.

Johanna