Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB 2.0

• Please log in to reply

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi guyz i recently purchased a new motherboard that came with a bunch of usb ports that claim to be 2.0 high speed. But heres the problem after enableing high speed usb's in the bios and correctley installing the drivers i still get a message when pluggin in devices which says high speed usb plugged into low speed usb. Is there a correct way to set up the USB's.

Also guyz my motherboard did not come with a ethernet port, which is a bit upsetting but my question is on what does the internet run faster usb 2.0 or ethernet 10/100mb.

Hehe sorry but another question, my upload rate for my internet is 128kb but my downloads speed are always at 50kb, it never peaks over this. Is there a way to tweak my adsl2 router NB5 to reach these speeds.

Thanks Guyz :tazz:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello -=Ac3=-

Also guyz my motherboard did not come with a ethernet port, which is a bit upsetting but my question is on what does the internet run faster usb 2.0 or ethernet 10/100mb.

Unless you have very very fast internet, there is not difference.

Hehe sorry but another question, my upload rate for my internet is 128kb but my downloads speed are always at 50kb, it never peaks over this. Is there a way to tweak my adsl2 router NB5 to reach these speeds.

A program like LeechGet will help you download a lot quicker. (2004 has no limitations 2005 dose and there is not difference between them as far as I can tell)

Hope some one can help you with the other things.

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Are you sure the devices you plug in are high speed USB? It could be a low speed device being plugged into high speed ports.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Yes the device was an ipod, which is a high speed device. The actuall usb's also displau high speed usb2.0 on them

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Your download speeds may be being reduced by your firewalls and any antivirus software you have. When you fell it's safe, you could disable them and see what happens.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Yer nah im not running any firewalls or anti viruses, my internet is my least concern at the moment im just really confused about the USB 2.0