Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP with cpu fan

• Please log in to reply

thevryhrtusold

thevryhrtusold

• Pip
  • 1 posts
omg !!! i turn on my hp pavilion and it gives me the message "cpu fan failed will power down in 5 seconds " then shuts down .
where is the cpu fan located and what can i do to fix it ???????.i have looked and i cant see where it would even plug into .please help :)

email address removed. not a safe idea! :tazz:

thanx sheena

Edited by ~Kat~, 03 October 2005 - 08:07 AM.

Advertisements

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
The CPU fan is located on your CPU. Look for a fan or heatsink on your motherboard and see if there are any loose wires unplugged. Plug everything in and see if it works normally.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Without your CPU fan, your processor will fry. Fans are cheap (maybe $5-10) and you need one that works.

Johanna

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
turn the machine off and leave it off....pull the old fan off and bring it with you to a computer supply store get them to match the fan up for you..