Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor shuts off on startup

• Please log in to reply

DVN_rox

DVN_rox

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been having a really strange problem lately. Whenever i start my laptop ( a Toshiba Satellite) the monitor shuts off after the windows loading screen.

After this happens i have to shut it off by holding the power button and then when i start it up again it works fine. The same thing happens every time, i have no idea whats going on. The only thing i can think of is that i uninstalled the service pack 2 and reinstalled it, i think this is where the problem began.

I've already installed the video drivers again but i still get the same problem...any ideas anyone? i would really appreciate any input because i'm out of ideas and i'll burn out my comp if i keep shutting it off like that......

Advertisements

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
When your laptop works after the 2nd startup, does the screen work perfectly normal?

DVN_rox

DVN_rox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yea it works perfectly fine after 2nd startup

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Does the screen always go off at the same point or is there a time difference between the blank screens?

DVN_rox

DVN_rox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
always at the same time

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Maybe, but I'm not sure, you have some spyware running on your machine. Please go to the malware forum and let the malware experts help you there.