Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whats your favorite gaming system?

• Please log in to reply

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Depends on when you ask me. If you asked today, it'd be my Xbox 360. 6 months ago was my psp, and before that was my original XBox. I have a PS2, but I haven't even plugged it in in 2 or 3 months now.

Also, I'm not really interested in PS3. It's gonna be way too expensive for me. I really had to scrounge to get $400 together to get my X360, and the 5-600 the PS3 is gonna cost is way too much. I am interested in Nintendo's Revolution though, which would be the first Nintendo system to interest me since the SNES.

Edited by ViperKillerWannabe, 10 April 2006 - 03:48 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I think sony are trying to follow the orignal market and are now moving more away from a "games" console, and are going more for full blown media centre, the things are ridiculously fast, the cell core CPUs make the 360s powerpc chip look like an old 1ghz duron.

But even still a console cant come close to a good PC, even the 360 the brand new super console is only "as good as" in games as my box and its like 10 months old and was built on a budget.

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I like the classic consoles like Nintendo 64, NES, and Sega Genesis. The original Gameboy Color is awesome too.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
First favorite would have to be this beautiful machine humming right here in front of me, yes, my PC. PC games are just amazing, more amazing then console because of the level of customization we have (or can make :whistling: )

Second, I found the original Nintendo, yes Nintendo, not Super, I'm talkin' ole' school here. Two controllers, the gun, Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, and John Elway's Quarterback. The only problem? I can't get it to work, the light just blinks red at me :blink: (any ideas?) But that would be my second favorite.

Then the XBox, my friend and I still play Halo regularly as well as the Burnout series.

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
first of all, nothing beats the PC!!! but if I had to choose, I'd say the N64! com'n people! It has the origanal conker on it, and I still think that it's grpahics are awsome! (for sentimental purposes) :whistling:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
My favourite gaming system has to be the PC. The PC is just far superior platform when it comes to playing games such as FPS, RPG and RTS.

My second favourite would be the Sega MegaDrive (Genesis) i've had some great times on that. You can't be a bit of good old Sonic.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 13 April 2006 - 09:59 AM.

TechieNate

TechieNate

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i would say PC and Playstation series

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Second, I found the original Nintendo, yes Nintendo, not Super, I'm talkin' ole' school here. Two controllers, the gun, Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, and John Elway's Quarterback. The only problem? I can't get it to work, the light just blinks red at me :whistling: (any ideas?) But that would be my second favorite.

There are a couple things you can try. First would be opening it up and thoroughly cleaning the contacts on the connector using plain old rubbing alcohol. If this doesn't work, try putting something in the opening for the cartridge between the cartridge and the top of the case, pushing the cartridge down. This helps the cartridge make contact with an EXTREMELY worn out connector. If those fail, you can always go to eBay and get another one.

Edited by ViperKillerWannabe, 14 April 2006 - 12:57 AM.

Zero Hour

Zero Hour

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am probably going go for the PlayStation Series as well!

Can't wait for the PS3!!