Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Block Checker adware found

• Please log in to reply

RTAGuy

RTAGuy

• Pip
  • 7 posts
This post describes my problem but there was no solution and it was closed and I am not sure why

http://www.geekstogo...l=block checker

Basically Panda Scan is finding a block checker adware in my windows registry.

I have adware, spybot, microsoft antispyware, AVG and run panda scan and trend online scanners and the only one that finds anything is panda scan. Panda scan does not give specifics on where the entry is. It was not there a week ago when I did a scan.

When I do a search for block checker and find info about it such as entries it adds to the registry and files on the computer, I find no such entries and no such files on my computer.

I have seen a decent number of HiJack this logs and there does not seem to be a problem so I am wondering if it may be a false alarm.

I made a post before about AVG finding viruses but found no elements on my computer related to the virus and it turned out to be that heuristics was flagging it when there was nothing wrong and I am wondering if this is another one of those situations as I can't find any elements on my computer that blockchecker is supposed to do. Panda Scan used to have a heuristics option but I do not see that check box on the new layout so I am not sure if I missed or they are just including it or not.

If anyone has any information, had this problem and solved it or know if it is a false alarm or the sign of something else please let me know.

If a Hijack This log is still necessary I can post one as soon as I can.

Thanks People

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi there RTAGuy

This post describes my problem but there was no solution and it was closed and I am not sure why

http://www.geekstogo...l=block checker

The topic is not closed it just hasn't been replied to yet

Could you post a HJT log for us please,

Also
Please click this link to download Silent Runners.
* Save it to the desktop.
* Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
* You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done yet, just let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
* Once you receive the prompt "All Done!", double-click on the new text file on the desktop and copy that entire log and paste it here.

*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

RTAGuy

RTAGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry about that. When I tried to add to it I got an error so I thought it was closed. I was just going to say I had the same thing.

I ran a panda scan today and it found nothing and I have not done anything since.

Would you still like me to post a HiJack This log or can I figure it was just a fluke?

Thanks for your time.

Hi there RTAGuy

The topic is not closed it just hasn't been replied to yet

Could you post a HJT log for us please,

Also
Please click this link to download Silent Runners.
* Save it to the desktop.
* Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
* You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done yet, just let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
* Once you receive the prompt "All Done!", double-click on the new text file on the desktop and copy that entire log and paste it here.

*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

View Post

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Actually the link you were refering to was another members which you can not reply to :tazz:

Is AVG still finding anything ?
You can post a HJT log just so I can get a final look at it also if you could run a scan with Active, It has an option to save the log at the end please do so and post it back here with an HJT log please