Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Interent disconnection-no answer on other threads.

• Please log in to reply

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
When im surfing the net i can only browse every five miniutes, the other five miniutes it just says 'Looking for (site here)'. It is the same when i am trying to connect with other things such as Teamspeak and even when logging on to World of Warcraft. When i do gert connected to teamspeak or a game i can play non stop though, its only when im trying to connect that it is intermittent. I can be on my game or on teamspeak all night with no problems, iuts only when i first try to connect that i get this issue. If you have problems understanding what i mean then please post back and i will clarify, thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Can you please tell us about your connection. If it is cable, DSL, satellite, dial-up, or something else. Have you contacted your internet provider to see if they have any known issues?

Also if it is DSL is it always-on or PPPoE or some other type of connection?

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i have an ntl box io aint sure if it is cabl;e or dsl...one of the 2 and i havent contacted my internet provider no. I will try this