Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with PHP Names :P (Easy)

• Please log in to reply

BinQ

BinQ

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Email address removed by mod: Murray

Hello I am new to this whole PHP designing. Can you tell me what to search on
when im going to find a tutorial on how to make a design that streches when i
write more and more...

I also want to find a PHP script that makes me able to update my web page directly
using the web-browser.

Hope any1 of you can help me with finding a tutorial and scrip for these.

regards, Martin

PS: Sorry for bad English... Im from Norway :tazz:

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Try searching google.

They might have some good pages and there are bound to be free tutorials!

Type stuff like...

php script to update my website through my browser
web design which stretches as i add

things like that.

let me know how you get on! :tazz:

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm not too sure I follow what you are wanting to do...Do you want to use a WCM like PHPnuke or PostNuke?? That's the best "starting" spot for PHP.

Rockett

BinQ

BinQ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I can try to use one of them :) But i heard from a guy called "imheretohelp" that it was
tables in HTML i was looking for. so that the design was streching when i was typing.. But i didnt understand how i was supposed to combine tables and design :S help me if you can :) if not i can test it a litle out of my own :tazz:

Regards, Martin

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Tables don't stretch when your content gets longer. Div layers are what you need (I think...I'm still not exactly sure what you mean)

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm sure we can help you (one or two of us at least) if you tell us exactly what ur looking for. Then we'll know who would best fit your needs :tazz:

Rockett

BinQ

BinQ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Im looking for tutorials or a person that can help me learning a web-design that gets longer when the text space i allredy have is full. So instead of getting a scrollbar innside the design i get it outside like the one on this page ( and not like in Iframe ). The only way i can think of is to make a horizontal slice if the design and put the slice again and again downward. like on this picture. if that is ny design and i type in MUCH text it will stech. U know now what i mean??

Regards, Martin

Attached Thumbnails

• forklaring.gif

Edited by BinQ, 04 October 2005 - 06:34 AM.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
If you can afford to lose the bottom border (that silver and blue one), make a 1 pixel (or 5px or whatever you want, as long as it's not too tall) tall slice of the picture and use that as a repeating background. If you don't want to lose the bottom border, you can still use that and put the border on with absolute positioning, but that means changing the positioning each time you add more text.

Edited by lil_cat_luver, 04 October 2005 - 05:13 PM.

BinQ

BinQ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i shal try that :tazz: thnx