Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

installed additonal hard drive

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a samsung 160 g installed, I added a western digital 120 g as D drive. It shows up in the BIOS and everywhere else as working and properly installed, except in My Computer . No icon is there therfore to access it I had to insall XP pro on it so now i have 2 os on it . I just want 1. My 160 is master and the 120 slave. I tryed making them bothcabel select, didnt help so I,am back to master slave. my 160 is formated but no partitions and my 120 is formated with no partitios other than for the os's. I have XPpro SP2 2g Amd processer, 1g memory, abit an7 motherboard. How can I get A icon for D to show up in My Computer? I did insall D according to the CD instructions. One suggestion I have had is to clean format my C, but ill lose my info and it may not do any good. I need a pathway from My Computer to D. any help will be appreceated.