Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEC dvd+-r stoped burning

• Please log in to reply

SlitNek

SlitNek

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have the new XPS gen2 and when i first got it within an hour i noticed that it wouldnt ready any burned audio, data, or dvd's but would read all original audio, data, or dvd's. out of nowhere it just started working and now it has stoped burning dvd's. it will read everything and copy everything but will not burn a dvd and i dont know why

this is a NEC ND-6500A with firmware 2.24
I triend updating firmware but I already had the newest, I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it but that didnt work, and i tried updating all of my software but it still doesnt work

I have clone dvd, dvd shrink, nero *newest verion*, roxio, and sonic but not 1 will work, what happend to my machine?

I also did a diognostics on my drive and it sais the drive is fine and if there was something physicaly wrong the laser would stop working all together wouldnt it?

Advertisements

SlitNek

SlitNek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
anyone?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
it wouldn't neccessarily stop all together. What might be your problem is the aspi layer or you might have to remove the upper and lower filters from the registry. Sorry I cannot provide the link to the page that explains this, as the one I had doesn't seem to work anymore. You could try searching for help on that. I will see if I can find you another link when I get a chance.