Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

MSN messenger 7.5 won't work and no sounds

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm using msn messenger 7 but have had tons of problems with it. Then I installed the 7.5 version and couldn't log on because of a port problem. They ask me to check my windows firewall. I tried but I can access it because a problem has occured which Windows can't define. :)
So, I decided to go back on version 7 but I don't have any sounds now. And since I did something wrong, I installed it twice which means none is working at the moment. FInally, I can't remove msn messenger using the add/remove application... :)
Please HELP! :tazz:

PS everything else is going on fine... AIM, internet etc.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
First I would like you to do Tweak 6 this should fix the windows fire wall problem, and maybe the uninstall problem. Then I what you to download CCleaner then install and open it. There should be a button called tools (this is kind of like add/remove programs) and forum here uninstall msn messenger.

Once that is dose reinstall msn Messenger and see if every thing is working as it should.

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Your all gonna think im nuts but this same problem happened to my friend it cam up and said it was a firewall problem then i got the error number and searched it on the internet and it said you have to change your time to the right time on your computer, I'm not even lying it worked