Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

task manager disabled by administrator

• Please log in to reply

Sarge43

Sarge43

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: When I turn on my computer, it boots up ok but all I get is the wallpaper, all the desktop icons are gone and the start bar on the bottom is gone. Ctrl, alt delete gets me the message "the Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator". I have Panda antivirus and it is up to date, spy bot search and destroy, adaware, reg vac and other protection programs but apparently whatever has taken control of the PC has really messed it up good!!! I tried to boot from CD-ROM and no go. The only option I can get to is the system recovery which will erase all programs and files. I'd like to do a system restore but can't get to that program. Any suggestions??? The computer was never set up with an administrator code that I know of. Have tried a few obvious choices for administrator password but none work. HELP!

Advertisements