Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Im not sure what you call this but I think it is..

• Please log in to reply

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Hey Yal!
I have a site called Highendpcgamerz and wanted to know if i can get a free domain that doesn't cloak them? I think Geocities does that but not sure! It doesn't have to be .com it could be anythinbg but it doesn't clock them because if you do you have the same URL for every page of your website!! So how can I get a free domain host?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

So how can I get a free domain host?

You'll get one when pigs fly.

Sad fact of life is that you get what you pay for. Only way to do what you want is to buy a hosting package but even then they don't cost the earth.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
pigs fly. look up .tk domain names.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
.tk are domain names but they're just a redirection domain aren't they

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Yeah .tk cloaks them.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yes, anyways, technicalities aside, there are no real free domains. Geocities don't have cloaking/redirection services, you can buy a domain there.

From what I know (I'm pretty sure about this), cloaking doesn't change the url of your site. You don't have the same url for every single page. All it does is show that url on the address bar, all your pages will still have the same url as before. Your actual url wil still show up elsewhere (such as in the bottom toolbar where it says waiting for www.whatever.com or transferring data from www.whatever.com).

Also, most cloaking url's will stay on your address bar when you click a link to another website that loads in the same page. So in fact, it's covering not only your url, but every single url your visitors access in the window your site opened in. What's so good about that? s13.invisionfree.com/highendpcgamerz is not a long url at all, just use that one. A lot of webmasters who owns directories dislike and most likely will not accept cloaking urls anyways. I think in this case, you're better off using the real url :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
True and thanks but it is quite long people say they cant be 'stuffed; to right it down so Im using this temporarily!

Thanks!