Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Internet Explorer connection

• Please log in to reply

beavy1969

beavy1969

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have no connection for internet explorer, yet firefox connects without a problem. My e mail connects ok, tried re installing my recovery cd's but i get an error telling me it is not for this model. Not sure if anyone can help me or even if i am in the right place, spyware or a virus? At least if i know what i am dealing with i know what direction to take. I have a Sony Vaio laptop, windows xp pro installed along with numerous other packaged programs. I had to re purchase my recovery cd's as i lost the originals, after conversation with Sony Australia & being told they should work with an PCG series laptop i have been told to post my laptop the their preferred repairer to check the error i get when i load them which states it is not for this model, Sony refers me to the repairer, the repairer seems to think it is Sonys error, i am to have the hard drive checked as they seem to think it has been changed? I would prefer not to have my laptop floating around the countryside as i am worried it will be out for months, something i am not prepared to do, can anyone help? I have done all the tests & recorded a hijack log, should i post this for help? Any help appreciated, Steve.

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
You might have malware. Please go here and follow all steps and then post a HJT Log in a new topic here!

Game Freak :tazz: